What is Family Support? Why are we here?
- To Help Build Resources & Self Sufficiency
- Meet periodically to set goals & find resources that will benefit your family
- Complete Family Partnership & Review 2 times during the program year
- Work with the teacher to bring information about the child’s progress
- Assist family in meeting all the health requirements of Head Start
- Alert family to fun Head Start & community activities
- Meet regularly with your Family Advocate (FA). If you are unable to keep your meeting, please call to alert your worker and to reset the visit.
- We respect the parent as the child’s first and most important teacher, but also realize that families may need support to meet their goals.
- Have child attend class regularly. We ask that you call if your child will be absent and state the reason for their absence. Three uncalled absences will be cause for your FSS to locate & discuss these absences with you. You may be asked to help complete an action plan in regard to your child’s absence, tardiness, or other timeliness issues.
- Inconsistent attendance may be cause to remove your child from programming and be placed on a waiting list.
- Be aware & involved in Parent, Family, & Child Activities. Head Start offers many opportunities for families to get involved and they include: Policy Council, Family Activity Events, Fatherhood and Motherhood Activity Events, & Classroom Volunteering
- We believe that parental involvement is very important for a child to develop and to succeed in life.