Special Needs: Tami Prunick (920) 458-1154 x116
- Transitioning into Head Start from a Birth to Three Program
- We work with the Sheboygan County Birth to Three Program to make the transition from birth to three IFSP services to Head Start classrooms a smooth process
- These transition activities include but are not limited to: initial home visits, site tours, informational packets, Head Start staff support on IEP teams, observations in classrooms and/or treatment settings.
- No child is refused entrance to Head Start due to a disability.
- Developmental Screener
- Each child is screened within the first 45 days of entering the program, unless they already have an IEP.
- Head Start uses a Developmental Screener, Ages and Stages 3 that covers areas of communication, gross motor, fine motor, problem solving and personal-social areas.
- The screening tool is completed in English and Spanish and is translated into other languages when possible
- Referrals to Local School Districts
- Referrals to local school districts are made for many educational and developmental reasons.
- Parental agreement is required for all referrals
- We support the parent and child throughout the referral process
- IEP’s :Individual Education Plan
- Head Start staff match their individualized lesson plans to the goals on each child’s IEP on a daily and weekly basis.
- We work with school districts to provide consistency in programming.
- We are very flexible in working with the IEP team to help meet each child’s needs and the goals of the IEP.
- Referral Agency
- We provide resource information on agencies in Sheboygan County who work with children with disabilities.